There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Brands

OK Place to work. Sometimes can be frustrating

I have been working at Spectrum Brands

Pros

Large company with many great benefits. Upper management has good open door policies.

Cons

Pay attention to human resources better. Think through all changes that will affect employees and how it affects them.

Be mindful of how changes affect employees and be sure you are prepared.

reviews filtered by
  1. Hard TImes Desperate Measures

I worked at Spectrum Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn quick survival skills.
    Positioning to perfection a challenging situation, so it is viewed as a true positive.
    Learning that things happen for a reason and learn from adversity to value future endeavors.

Cons

CEO needs total retooling on what to say and what not to say. We are taught in top business schools that politics and religion is not discussed in open forums. A CEO should show true leaqadership and appreciate their employees. They need to remember who is at the frontlines making sure their investments are doubled.
    Upper management does not have solid convictions or views on ways to move forward, too busy playing the game. Taking too many short cuts on products and it is affecting quality.

Sell the company to someone who truely wants to invest in the brand, product development and employees. These are key to make your business grow, be respected and seen as a leader.
    Mandating employees to take furloughs is not a way to make the company profitable.

2. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager

I have been working at Spectrum Brands

Cons

Promotes from within. Management listens to your ideas. Flexible regarding taking time off for personal reasons. They allowed me to to take a leave of absence when my wife was diagnosed with dementia. Management is sometimes a bit too bottom-line oriented and does not see the big picture. They need to understand that they need to look beyond the next quarter.

There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Brands