Spectrum Brands
www.spectrumbrands.com Madison, WI 5000+ Employees

If you want to get ahead personally and professionally, working for a value brand is not the answer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Madison, WI

I worked at Spectrum Brands

ProsThe benefit package is equal to competing companies. If in sales, the incentive program tends to be lucrative, if the quota/goals are put within realistic range.

ConsContinual restructuring. Constant fear of job security. A CPG value brand that has no intention of being any better than #3 with consumers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReassure employees of state of organization and benefit they provide/contribute. Inspire them to be better individuals in their work, which ultimately benefits the organization. Share with the company the vision you have for the organization and what the progress is with that vision.

Great place to work with emphasis on team work and getting the job done well.

Madison, WI

I have been working at Spectrum Brands

Pros: Great team of people work with Doing the job the right… Cons: Not much room for upward mobility Little to no formal training Too… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the positive direction moving forward and continue doing business the right… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I had a job and did it above expectations

Retail District Manager (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I worked at Spectrum Brands

Pros: You used to have freedom with how to do your… Cons: over management with the change in HR Advice to Senior Management: Let people who are consistantly hitting sales plan manage their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spectrum Brands.

Worked for Spectrum Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectrum Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spectrum Brands CEO David R. Lumley. All reviews posted anonymously by Spectrum Brands employees.