There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Health

Excellent employer over all

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Analyst in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Spectrum Health

Pros

Its a good work environment for my area in IT, cutting edge technology and we are always changing

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done and if you don't like constant change this isn't the place for you. Spectrum is always striving to be at the forefront of medical informatics so we are faced with constant change and adjustment to our strategy. I haven't done the same routine by itself for longer than a few months before I was assigned to a new project or gameplan. I personally enjoy that type of environment, but its not for everyone.

None at this time

79 Other Employee Reviews for Spectrum Health (View Most Recent)

Great Healthcare facility but some managers can ruin what should be a great job also.

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

I have been working at Spectrum Health

Pros

It is a very large, well-respected, quality healthcare provider in a beautiful city. They have great health incentives for their employees and offer discounts on insurance, exercise programs, classes and exercise equipment. They try to emphasize healthy habits and reward those who live by good example. I believe you must practice what you preach when you work in the healthcare field.

Cons

Benefits are not equal within this employer. Hospital employees have benefits that off-site employees do not get (ie Pension). Those who work off-site have the same stressors and responsibilities as those employees within the hospital and thus should be rewarded with the same benefits.

Pay attention to what lower level managers do. When you start to get a lot of turnover in a department which previously retained employees, it is a red flag that management may be a problem and is driving away previously loyal employees.

Spectrum Health would be even better to work at with some minor adjustments.

Current Employee - Nurse Aide  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Spectrum Health

Pros

The best reasons to work at Spectrum are all the opportunities Spectrum gives their employees. I am a nurse aide right now and I am in school to be a nurse. I can keep going higher and higher with my education and my career. I also love how they are willing to help me with school by tuition reimbursement. The third thing I love is how Spectrum's goals are so high, and at sometimes they seem unreachable, but we are all striving to be the best hospital and that is a good example. And when we do become the best hospital I will be proud to know that I was a part of it.

Cons

The biggest downside of working at Spectrum is how big the company is. I sometimes feel lost or that the company might care about my specific needs because there are so many other people that could replace me so quick. I have been on workmen's comp for a few months and sometimes I feel like my case manager and my boss really care, and then there are other times where I feel like they are trying to get me to quit, so they can get a new person to fill my spot. I also feel that Spectrum needs to think more like a smaller hospital and care more about the patients than the money.

The advice I would like to give to Senior Management would be to be fair and honest. Also please listen to your employees, and even if you think their reason for complaining may be silly, hear them out and try to understand where they are coming from.

There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Health

Worked for Spectrum Health? Contribute to the Community!