Spectrum Health

www.spectrum-health.org

Big company, little person.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsIt's nice to have resources and people available when you need them -- there is always someone you can turn to for help. There is not as much constant worry about the few dollars here and there - the equipment and personnel are in ready supply.

ConsNothing moves quickly or easily in a huge bureaucracy. It's easy to feel like "just another number" or a cog in the big machine. The "rules" are constantly changing, coming down from above. Difficult to find compassion in such an environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop duplicating your work -- find time to understand what it's like in the trenches and have some compassion for the individual circumstances of each employee. The company cannot reach its potential for greatness if we get lost in the details. The employees must be made to believe that their opinions and the way they do their job MATTERS.

Harsh Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spectrum Health

Pros: Great benefits including 403B match and good PTO accrual Cons: Cut throat management style, over bearing administration Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rehab Technician

Rehab Tech (Current Employee) East Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Spectrum Health as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Good pay. Excellent staff Cons: Conflicting messages from upper management Advice to Senior Management: Be united Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spectrum Health.

Worked for Spectrum Health? Contribute to the Community!