Spectrum Health

www.spectrum-health.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Health

Great Healthcare facility but some managers can ruin what should be a great job also.

Current Employee - RN
Current Employee - RN

I have been working at Spectrum Health

Pros

It is a very large, well-respected, quality healthcare provider in a beautiful city. They have great health incentives for their employees and offer discounts on insurance, exercise programs, classes and exercise equipment. They try to emphasize healthy habits and reward those who live by good example. I believe you must practice what you preach when you work in the healthcare field.

Cons

Benefits are not equal within this employer. Hospital employees have benefits that off-site employees do not get (ie Pension). Those who work off-site have the same stressors and responsibilities as those employees within the hospital and thus should be rewarded with the same benefits.

Pay attention to what lower level managers do. When you start to get a lot of turnover in a department which previously retained employees, it is a red flag that management may be a problem and is driving away previously loyal employees.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Spectrum Health (View Most Recent)

Breon needs to get a clue

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Spectrum Health

Pros

In the beginning it felt like a family atmosphere. But after Breon took over, the whole place became a business. When Bill Gonzalez was in charge the family feeling was evident in all aspects of the hospital.

Cons

Employees are not recognized for their contributions. Managers take credit for the work of their employees. Upper echelon is like a dictatorship. There is also terrible waste within the hospital. In the department I worked in, if an employee wanted to order something from office supply there was a blank check for whatever they wanted.

Get to know the people you work with on a personal level. There is a 'good ol' boy's club' and Breon is the leader. If you are not in the clique, you will be gone within five years.

for me, too big of business

I have been working at Spectrum Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have job security and a paycheck

Cons

too big of business, feel I get lost and my immediate boss wears so many "hats" that I feel like I am dangling and not informed of changes on time.

There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Health