Spectrum Human Resource Systems

www.spectrumhr.com
  www.spectrumhr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Good place to work and earn a decent income.

I have been working at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

flexible to change
family oriented
customer centric

Cons

small revenues, small budgets
no growth opportunities

5 Other Employee Reviews for Spectrum Human Resource Systems (View Most Recent)

Good company; stuck in old ways

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

It's a good company to work for. Not overworked. Have monthly beer socials in the break room

Cons

I feel a bit pidgin-holed working for this company. The software has a lot of bugs that never seem to get fixed.

Keep innovating good software.

I worked 60+ hours a week, and it still wasn't enough

Former Employee - Professional Services  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO

I worked at Spectrum Human Resource Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learned a lot while employed there, and I really enjoyed my coworkers. For the most part they were great to work with and I still maintain friendships from there.

Cons

There was constant pressure to increase billable time, even when you were assigned non-billable projects that took up 40+ hours a week, you were still expected to make quotas. I felt guilty every time I wasn't working, even if I was sleeping, or seeing a movie with my spouse, one date in many months. If it was possible to give a negative number of stars for work/life balance, I would.

I think that upper management that started the company had good intentions and values, but over time promotion of people to first level managers was based on seniority alone. Being a good long-term employee at the worker level does not mean you are a good manager. A lot of promotions right before I left were not deserved and had disastrous consequences. Now the company has been sold, so I don't know the current status very well other than the fact that I know the dissatisfaction level of current employees I keep in touch with is very high.

The understood policy is that if you have done something before and it took you a certain amount of time, you can bill that same amount of time to another client, even if it took you less the second time. But then I was called into question for doing exactly that and it led to my leaving. I also know of more than one questionable termination where medical conditions might have been a factor, due to the condition affecting the ability to perform the obscene number of hours required.

There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Worked for Spectrum Human Resource Systems? Contribute to the Community!