Eh

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, OH

I worked at Speedway LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not terribly boring. My store offered as many hours as you wanted.

Cons

Turnover is high. This was just a summer job for me, and 10+ people quit within those 3 months. Thought I'd be the one leaving early with just a summer job, turns out I ended up being one of the more experienced workers by the time I had to leave. They'll tell you good job if you work hard, but wont promote you or even offer a raise. The real killer for me was the lack of a break and the lack of employee discount/meal during the short time we had for breaks. 9 hour shifts are normal in the work week, sure, but that's assuming an hour worth of breaks, not 9 hours of work with $5-$10 spent in the store for "lunch" anyway. I hated spending 1-2 hours of pay on food in the store because I couldn't go anywhere or take any real break. They throw away 50+ hotdogs in every store ever day, why not let employees take a meal once a shift, even if it is only $2.22 pizza and a small soda/water.

Advice to Management

Stabilize your management and labor force. High turnover may not show on your bottom line enough for you to care, but the managers who get replaced for no reason sure will.

Other Employee Reviews for Speedway LLC

1. an okay job

Former Employee - Customer Sales Associate in Lebanon, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Associate in Lebanon, OH

I worked at Speedway LLC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-not a very difficult job -paid a little bit above minimum wage -bonuses available -scheduling was decently flexible

Cons

-my coworkers were awful -the customers were frequently rude, especially to new hires -very pushy about selling points and getting people to use a speedy rewards card

2. Not Enough

Pros

You get to meet new people everyday. Getting paid every week is a great benefit.

Cons

The pay isn't enough for the amount of work that you do. The turnover rate is so high because of the lack of hours that are given to each store and the lack of pay raises. The pay makes it hard to allow benefits to be taken out.

Advice to Management

The advancement option is there, but semi difficult to obtain depending on the location.