Great culture, great people, great place

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great. I've never worked in an environment like this and am loving every moment of it. The people that work for the company are awesome - you actually want to hang out with your co-workers even after spending all day with them!

There is so much excitement at the company and its good to be helping build something from the ground up.

Cons

We work longer hours than most companies. There are a few growing pains. UK bosses could embrace the Texan culture more quickly

More networking events with clients - understand how Americans conduct business. There is a lot we can learn from our UK counterparts, but there is a lot for you to learn from us.

Working later doesn't mean you will be more productive...people have things to do outside of work.

Other Reviews for Spencer Ogden

I was very intersting

Current Employee - Recuiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recuiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden

Pros

Open salary potiental and high level commision

Cons

New industry in the american market.

Pretty cool placed to work at, but need more time to develop american market

Positive first year at SO

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a very progressive company. Lots of opportunity to get promoted quickly if you are good and are genuinely dedicated to the company. The pay reflects this too!
    General day to day is great - fun office with good people, lots of weekly incentives such as drinks in the office on a Friday, fancy dress competitions where you can win cash, nice office with 2 big kitchens and rooftop terrace where you can eat lunch and smoke.
    Ibiza office - incredible opportunity! I will be heading to the Ibiza office later this summer. (This is a reachable taget, 25 people have qualified this year so far and will go out over the next few months).

Cons

It's really hard to feel positive when you're not doing very well because there is a big competitive culture in the business. If you haven't done well one month - you and everyone else knows it!
    Power Hour / minimum expected daily time on the phone can sometimes get tedious - especially when you have other work that is more important that day.

Respect those that have built their desk and allow a little more flecibility when it comes to hitting call times each day.

There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden.

Worked for Spencer Ogden? Contribute to the Community!