Spencer Ogden

www.spencer-ogden.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden

Great culture, great people, great place

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. I've never worked in an environment like this and am loving every moment of it. The people that work for the company are awesome - you actually want to hang out with your co-workers even after spending all day with them!

There is so much excitement at the company and its good to be helping build something from the ground up.

Cons

We work longer hours than most companies. There are a few growing pains. UK bosses could embrace the Texan culture more quickly

More networking events with clients - understand how Americans conduct business. There is a lot we can learn from our UK counterparts, but there is a lot for you to learn from us.

Working later doesn't mean you will be more productive...people have things to do outside of work.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Ogden (View Most Recent)

I was very intersting

Current Employee - Recuiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recuiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden

Pros

Open salary potiental and high level commision

Cons

New industry in the american market.

Pretty cool placed to work at, but need more time to develop american market

Great company and culture and potential to earn good money.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Spencer Ogden full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn a serious amount of money. If you win your own account or take on a new client then you can really earn a lot of commission.
    Great people - everyone is nice and there is a good atmosphere within the company. Good social side which makes the whole thing more enjoyable.
    Although I didn't have a promotion whilst I was at Spencer Ogden (I was there for just over a year), I did get a salary increase which was significant and well timed! Graduate salaries here aren't the best so I was really pleased when I got a boost.
    Cool tech around the office and fully integrated into our daily systems. Big screens that flash up when a consultant does a deal - any where around the world in one of our offices. It is pretty cool and reminds you that the company is functioning in different countries too.
    Amazing offices. I know everyone always mentions SO's offices but they really are cool. In the new year we all moved to a brand new floor which was twice the size and just generally a really amazing space to work in. Big windows and colourful art on the walls makes the whole experience of sitting at your desk a better one!

Cons

The issue for me was more with recruitment than with Spencer Ogden.
    It's an unstable business and especially with the change in oil prices, it's pretty tough at the moment. Spencer Ogden are really trying hard to keep momentum going and are doing really well, but I just wasn't seeing much in my market.

Support those who are seeing their markets quieten down rather than letting them slip away.

There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden