There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden

Excellent

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong brand, great backing and huge opportunity.

Cons

Its hard work but any job would be if you have the potential to earn over six figures

reviews filtered by

Good Company, great colleagues, excellent professional development - Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really enjoy working at SO. Its a good company and I have learned so much since joining. I work in the Houston main office and it is an amazing team to be on.

I feel like when I interviewed for this job I had no idea what it REALLY entailed, but I knew I wanted to be successful and that I wanted to work in this environment. When I look back now I realize how inexperienced I was - and I can also see how far I've come.

I have learned so many business skills, have seen huge professional development, and I really love my job.

Your manager will work along side of you and give you direction, but also allow you to learn and make mistakes develop your own sales techniques. It is very much a team environment, but as an individual you can control your own career progression as well.

We have a good vacation allowance that we are encouraged to take, 100% healthcare coverage, fun office incentives, good commissions, off at 3 on Fridays.

Cons

I mean, there are cons with any job. I would have to say that probably the most difficult thing about this job is managing your time and letting your friends and family know that you are going to be grinding it out for a few months. Hours are a bit longer when you first start, but it calms down. There is also a lower base starting off that most other recruitment companies, but commissions are better (so its ends up paying off better)

The other con is the downtown location of the office - but that is just for me since I drive further than most. Houston traffic is crazy everywhere though so, thats to be expected

Keep up the good work - from my first conversation with the Internal hiring manager (who sold me the job) to my current director I have felt supported and motivated. Keep the sense of unity and teamwork even as the business is going to grow.

Lazy, unorganized, unprofessional, unethical

I worked at Spencer Ogden

Pros

Downtown Location
    Young

I have nothing else

Cons

There is no organization whatsoever. There is a huge gap of understanding and lack of communication between departments which is odd because it's an open office. Outdated technology and broken equipment. Human Resources is a joke and does nothing and the rest of admin is unreliable and unprepared.

What management? This place is chaos.

Spencer Ogden Response

Feb 27, 2015Director of Talent

Thank you for your review. In January 2015, we hired a new N.American FD, Head of Transactional Services, Contract Support and have a designated HR. As the fastest growing energy staffing company in ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden