Spencer Ogden

www.spencer-ogden.com

Fun office a ruse for militant environment

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey hire great people, which make it a fun environment in the office. Grass for carpet, bright colors, looks more like a media or silicon valley office than an office in Houston. Everyone starts with 15 vacation days, get off at 3 on Fridays.

ConsExtremely militant environment. Management is never hands on with employees, just sitting behind glass walls (literally) holding meetings. You are expected to spend at least 2 hrs on the phone a day, hitting the phone and being "busy" any work you might need to do for your market needs to be done before 8am and after 5pm as that time is devoted to being on the phone. Must take lunch from 12:30 - 1:30p, no exceptions.

Vacations are great if you are ever allowed to take them You are questioned on why you need the time off and what you will be doing (illegal). In interview I was asked more illegal questions (where will I live, what do my parents do, questions about my religion)

Don't understand how the US does business - people operate with integrity and honesty.

Everyone here is looking for another job. High rate of turnover - chop shop

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no help in learning about the oil and gas market. You are expected to learn about it by calling people and asking them what their job is.

Your staff aren't happy, you need to realize this and do something about it or you will lose everyone.

Entry level not a career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get to fly helicopters, bounce balls. Lay back environment. The… Cons: Too many hours. Low Pay. No support. Cut Throat Environment. Training period… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to school and learn how to run a business in the United States of America. This country is not the UK.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great culture, great people, great place

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for less than a year

Pros: The culture is great. I've never worked in an environment like this and am loving every moment of it. The people that work… Cons: We work longer hours than most companies. There are a few… Advice to Senior Management: More networking events with clients - understand how Americans conduct business. There is a lot we can learn from our UK counterparts, but there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spencer Ogden.

Worked for Spencer Ogden? Contribute to the Community!