Spencer Ogden

www.spencer-ogden.com
  www.spencer-ogden.com
There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden

Great company that rewards employees performance!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like working for Spencer Ogden, It drives me to strive and contribute my equal share, be engaged which eventually leads me to be successful. Co-workers are all very intelligent and I learn from them daily. FANTASTIC office environment! Open floor plan gives the ability to engage with co-workers and learn from hearing. $$ Incentives & VIP Trips

Cons

No privacy, set lunch hour

Continue sharing feedback and praise

45 Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Ogden (View Most Recent)

Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good vacation allowance, fun and supportive co-workers in a funky work environment.

You can sense that the company is going places and it's exciting to be a part of it

Cons

Long office hours and pressure is always there to make a deal but I think that's more a reflection of the recruitmnet industry as a whole

More face to face networking opportunities - There is too much of a focus on phone calls

Embrace the Houston way of working more

It's a different game than the rest of the recruiting in the USA

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Spencer Ogden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You learn some valuable skills that may help you in another setting and that's about it. You get to kick a soccer ball around and play with baseball bats. Not really anything else that's positive here.

Cons

They want you to dedicate your life to them. They start you off at 30,000 salary and will give you a bump in salary to 35000 if you hit your goals in the first three months. Easier said than done. You are expected to get a minimum of 2 hours a day on the phones and just call clients and candidates and hope you stumble across someone that wants to work with you. They are a new company in the USA, huge in the UK, but don't really know how to do business in the United States. Very cut throat environment, you have to guard your work and your progress, because if you are doing good or someone else is, everyone else wants in on what that person has. People complain all the time and have to hide it when me people get hired on, so they don't create a negative side for them to see, so they won't quit right away. High turnover rate. If you are called in for an interview don't believe anything they tell you these people lie for a living.

Learn to do business in the USA properly. Treat your employees with respect, and listen to what they have to say it creates a better work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden