Spencer Ogden

www.spencer-ogden.com

Oh What a Difference A Year Makes - out with the old and in with the new!!

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat experience, great skills to be learned. Let's be honest - most people don't go to college and aspire to be a recruiter. That being said this job will prepare you for pretty much every other job you will ever have. Its a young, fun office, with really good people. We get off early on Fridays, have fun nights out or incentives. Good vacation allowance - and all of the current managers really understand the need to take time away.

ConsThere were some huge cons for the last year - which you can see in the past reviews for the company - but that has all changed for the better. A lot of these reviews here on glassdoor can be traced back to 1 particular cause and that issue has been removed from the business and it is a completely different atmosphere.

SO was a very difficult company to work for here in Houston. There was a lot of negativity and the office was in a position where leadership did not have emotional intelligence, nor did the understand the US or Houston and there was a major clash of cultures. Additionally, the policies and incentives and house rule that were established were not what should have been rolled out. With a new Leadership and HR team in place its a really exciting company to work for, and the first time I've felt the excitement others have talked about.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell done recognizing that there was a major issue with this office and remedying the problem.

Stick to the new mantra and continue to develop, reward and embrace your employees who toughed it out and understand what we are building.

Boiler Room meets Wolf of Wall Street meets Office Space meets Prison

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Spencer Ogden full-time for less than a year

Pros: -The office had turf and you could throw footballs around the office. Which was pretty cool, until you had a client come visit and you… Cons: Their entire business model, from the hiring philosophy to the way they generate revenue, ranges from extremely suspect to morally reprehensible. Hiring: They tote this… Advice to Senior Management: Well-- they've all been fired or quit since I was there, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Stop treating your employees as equipment and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging but Rewarding

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for less than a year

Pros: A young, rapidly growing company in a booming market. Great office location and unique trading floor. Fast paced with high energy, an office unlike any… Cons: Lower base salary (not a job for slacking, high income potential,… Advice to Senior Management: Created a great environment/company culture and provide the training and support to help employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spencer Ogden.

Worked for Spencer Ogden? Contribute to the Community!