Spencer Stuart
www.spencerstuart.com Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Great company that needs to watch its culture

I have been working at Spencer Stuart

ProsA top notch professional services company. There is recognition of great quality work. There are some incredibly smart, committed, interesting people working in the firm, at all levels of the organization. Since moving to SSI from a competing firm, I have been able to perform much better because of resources, infrastructure, and brand.

ConsThere are still too many 'salesmen' with a transactional approach - the old school. Behavior that falls below par is tolerated when perpetrated by individual producing a lot of revenue - even if THEIR behavior prevents many others in the broader team from being MORE productive!

An exceptional global professional services organization

Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Spencer Stuart full-time

Pros: As a consultant who has worked with this particular firm for over 15 years I still have nothing but praise for the organization. The… Cons: As in any growing, global organization with a strong reputation there are processes and safeguards, and regiment that, if left… Advice to Senior Management: Maintain a vigilant eye on the delivery of high quality work and recognize not only the rainmakers, but those who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its all about who you know...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spencer Stuart

Pros: Good external brand, positioned well for senior level searches and assessments across the world. Seems to be a… Cons: WAY too much politics, they wall want to say the right thing in front of the management team but behind closed doors, you're often ignored. WAY… Advice to Senior Management: OPEN YOUR EYES, WE"RE NOT IN DISNEYLAND ANYMORE!!!!!!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spencer Stuart.

Worked for Spencer Stuart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spencer Stuart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spencer Stuart CEO Kevin M. Connelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Spencer Stuart employees.