Great company to work for

Former Employee - Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Spherion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of talented colleague's, great benefits, growth opportunity

Cons

Same as any staffing company...possibilities of lay off's due to economy or loss of contracts due to competition on mark ups.

Provide more adequate number of staff on large accounts so that team is not stretched so thin. Increase training for internal employee's. Approach lay offs with a little more humanity.

Other Reviews for Spherion

Good place for a couple of years.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Spherion was a good place to learn what a larger company has to offer after coming from a very small staffing firm previously. Lots of tools provide, reasonable budgets, and expectations for a seasoned recruiter.

Cons

Very political environment when it came to Regional Management. It semed that they were not as interested in the day to day operations or training of new, less experienced staff. I saw new hires come in and basically get thrown on a desk without really knowing what they were doing.

Get back to the basics (training) with new hires that don't have staffing experience. I saw too many of my peers fail while I was there.

Overall a good company but sometimes out of touch with it's employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Spherion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great environment. they did actually know how to connect on a personal level. great work-life balance afforded to the employees on the account I was on.

Cons

my account did not offer benefits (no PTO) to Service Desk agents, even though they were the ones that took the majority of the hits. if you were not interested in technical certificates then they didn't have anything to offer.

Make your offerings for training more varied and please, please, PLEASE stop treating your Level I agents poorly. If you have multiple people on a contract and the only people that do not have the availability of time off then you need to rethink what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Spherion.

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!