Good temp service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Spherion as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I got sent on some interesting jobs, and it was decent pay and work for temping. This was one of the few agencies that actually followed through with me and recognized I was well qualified for many of their temp job offerings.

Cons

I wasn't always interested in the jobs my temping contact recommended for me and as it was a temp gig, when I had a family emergency and couldn't start a new temping job as scheduled, I think I was put at the bottom of the contact list.

I can't speak to the management aspect of the company, but the temp agency staff I interacted with were really pretty professional, no complaints.

Other Reviews for Spherion

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Spherion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of talented colleague's, great benefits, growth opportunity

Cons

Same as any staffing company...possibilities of lay off's due to economy or loss of contracts due to competition on mark ups.

Provide more adequate number of staff on large accounts so that team is not stretched so thin. Increase training for internal employee's. Approach lay offs with a little more humanity.

Good place for a couple of years.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Spherion was a good place to learn what a larger company has to offer after coming from a very small staffing firm previously. Lots of tools provide, reasonable budgets, and expectations for a seasoned recruiter.

Cons

Very political environment when it came to Regional Management. It semed that they were not as interested in the day to day operations or training of new, less experienced staff. I saw new hires come in and basically get thrown on a desk without really knowing what they were doing.

Get back to the basics (training) with new hires that don't have staffing experience. I saw too many of my peers fail while I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for Spherion.

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!