There are newer employer reviews for Spiceworks

"I wasn't born in this company but I got here as fast as I could"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, and empowerment, and fun. Did I mention fun?
Yes, every company wants to think that they're fun to work for, but few walk the walk. Many company Web sites have pics of employees looking like they're really enjoying themselves. However, the proof of the pudding is whether said employees will 1. have positive things to say about the company and 2. actually care enough to tell everybody about it. This review is one piece of the proof that _YOU_, too, want to get here ASAP.

Cons

I feel that, at least in the Development group, the structure is quite loose. If one needs a reasonably structured engineering environments, one might not fit well here.

Advice to Management

None. You guys are doing great at your prime directive: make Spiceworks a fun place to work.

reviews filtered by

Work hard, play hard

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is like no other, and the CEO goes the extra length to ensure this. Everyone supports and respects each other. There's a lot of hard work that goes into everything we do, but we are well rewarded. Really a treat to walk into these doors each day to be greeted by family.

Cons

Feel very connected to the CEO, but not to the other founders.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company that's growing quickly. With an excellent company culture, awesome/brilliant employees, and a fun environment, it's hard not to have an amazing experience here. I've never worked somewhere the employees are able to know so much about the trajectory and growth of the company. Every single employee in the building is valued and trusted. Employees are able to be creative and think on their feet.

Cons

The pace is extremely fast and some employees find it hard to keep up. Since we are still growing and figuring out the lay of the land, not many processes are in place so we're often having to zig and zag (a popular company term). The work life balance can be tough at times - but is worth it in the end since it's such an amazing place to be!