Spireon

Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon

Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have found everyone I work with at Spireon to be positive people who are striving to improve the company. The culture is lighthearted - people are busy but they have fun and are not overly serious or stressed. I have plenty of projects to work on and the departments I work with value my contribution. My manager is a great person who cares for me personally and professionally and makes working fun. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the CEO and the whole management team is focused on taking the company to a new level of performance. The pay and benefits are good. The facility in Irvine is well equipped. Upper management communicates well with the employees. Employees are highly committed to the company. I have the technology I need to go my job. I joined the company recently and have not felt this good about my employer in a long time.

Cons

Prioritization can be challenging with so many things to do. There is a lot of change going on, and there are a few people who are not embracing it.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Spireon (View Most Recent)

Getting better, apparently it wasn't.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think we have gone over the hump of needing the right piece to change the environment. Apparently, there was a stretch were employees were unhappy, stressed and lost interest. Coming to work simply to collect a paycheck. Somehow we've collected enough of the right kind of people to change things around. I've only been with the company a few months. What I see directly is limited but I'm very social and met a lot of good and intelligent people. This is what I'm hearing - things are getting better; last year I never thought we can ever get to this point (sorry I can't elaborate more on this phrase but its good); departments are working together again; there is room to grow but I'm excited again to see what we can do this year. People are talking more openly. All good stuff.

At our last Christmas party, small groups were formed to build out kids bicycles. Whichever team wins get to donate sums to charity of their choice ( I thinks that's how it was) but what I cared to remember more about it is that the bikes where going to local organization. They give items like these to families in need. They even showed a video of little girls and boys receiving these bikes from previous years. Inspiring things like this motivate me.

We have a new health program that brought a group to bring their health specialists in-house to deliver services like chiropractic, physical therapy, physical training right at our facility. Its an experimental model that we are hoping to keep. The idea is to promote good health physically as well as mentally. I like it and will be participating fully. This next week were doing a brown bag meeting with the CEO to allow regular people to discuss topics with him directly. I thinks is somewhat random small local collect of employees at a time. Im not sure how open my colleagues will be but I'm in it. I have a pink idea that I'd like to share with him. No that's not a typo. Its a new idea. Wish me like luck.

Cons

There is still a lot to fix. Oddly, after fixing a number of major flaws, more appear but think there if a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we can get there where we can be our creative selves and making things better not just for the company and shareholders but for society in general. I know its odd coming from a NAV organizations but its all about make changes to become better.

The kitchen could be better. If we can make it less traditional and more like how a home would be set up, we can start using it again instead of going out to eat all the time. Create and area were friends could congregate and make lunch together. Colleague discuss new ideas and ideals that may or may not apply to what we are working now. I think if can certainly promote getting the blood pumping through the right areas of the brains. Need a bgger gym and more equipment in house. Re-think use of monetary rewards; if might be doing harm than good - please read about it.

A lot of work, but really interesting company

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of new technology and definitely fast paced. The company is growing and they seem dedicated to bringing in the right managers and top technical skilled people to get the work done. Theres definitely a lot of work but the company feels like it's about to take off. I was skeptical at first that the company would be like a dot com, but so far it's definitely better than advertised. The CIO sits a few doors down the CEO sits right near DevOps instead of some office tucked away from everyone.

Cons

A lot of work to do, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Once they get all their legacy apps decommissioned, it'll be smooth sailing. The company has some ambitious goals but if they get the right people it'll actually be pretty smooth

Keep getting the experienced managers and developers

There are newer employer reviews for Spireon