Spireon

www.spireon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Spireon

Was Great, until an investment firm came in and sucked the life and soul out of it !!! Now it is the 3rd reich !!

Current Employee - Gillette Office in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Gillette Office in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you can brown nose you will definitely fit in here but you have a lot of good competition at that.

Cons

Half of the people are great to work with, however management all around is horrible and treats employees as subhuman and that goes all the way to the top. Wealthy people who think they are superior to you in every form.
They make drastic cuts to some departments which adversely affect the lower paid employees and the families they support meanwhile other departments hire new employees they do not need, receive catered lunches, fancy hotel suites while traveling etc etc etc. etc etc.
The HR dept is a mini Gestapo full of suspicion that breathes down the necks of everybody for the most minute reasons, they police and oppress far more than they help out.
Employee turnover is extremely high, they come and go. Unfortunately most of the people who were here for 5-10 years have jumped ship as a textbook corporate takeover unfolds around them and the parasite of an investment firm sucks away all the life and happiness from a company that was great without them.
As the company has a quarterly meeting to boast about the surging profits, Christmas bonuses inexplicably end and Christmas Eve is no longer a paid vacation day as it has been since the companies inception..
This company has become another corporate pump n dump for Bertram Capital and for the life of me I can not figure out how people like them sleep at night, I Imagine on stacks of cash and the souls of the working man.

Stay Away. you will regret it !!!!

Treat ALL Employes well, not just your inner circle !!!

49 Other Employee Reviews for Spireon (View Most Recent)

Run now if you can....everyone else is

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

About the only thing I can say is paychecks have never been late.

Cons

I have been working here for over 3 years. I thought it was bad 2 yrs ago but now it's even worse if that's possible. Company unable to keep the best employees due to long working hours, unrealistic deadlines, incompetent managers, no rewards or even a "pat on the back". To top it all off no raises to speak of and NO bonuses. Company feels it's a "privilege" for an employee to work here and treats employees as expendable. Constant employee revolving door. Company ONLY concerned with profitability so the company looks attractive to be sold.

Follow up on your own rhetoric. You say employees are your number one resource. Prove it!

A downhill ride

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are OK to work with, paycheck comes in on time. The building has a nice open feel with a decent kitchen and workout area.

Cons

Tons of incompetence in 50 different directions. No support from upper management. No bonuses paid out for several years.

I saw one of the most competent designers let go because of a personal disagreement with his manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Spireon