Spireon

www.spireon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Spireon

Corporate America in its worst form

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Maybe the coffee ? the best I can think of when I left

Cons

This company used to be awesome before big private equity firm came in (Bertram Capital). Then those people involved in buying shoe shop, start teaching us about technologies, imposed their own vision , criticize everything that was not their, fired people who knew the business, replaced them by complete idiots...
In 6 months they turned a good company into a complete hell.
Most of our bonus, compensation promised have been drawn into BS management complexity, reforms of status etc

in conclusion a lying dishonest company that will promise you the moon but will give you only humiliation in return.

Stop promising things to employee to motivate them if you know you will never reward them.

Spireon Response

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Vice President of Software Engineering

Thank you for your candid feedback.

Spireon has been undergoing a significant organizational and technological transformation as we reinvent ourselves into an innovative growth technology
... More

52 Other Employee Reviews for Spireon (View Most Recent)

Use this place for a source of income until a real company offers you a career!

I worked at Spireon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office is aesthetically pleasing. Coffee service and decent hard working people. (those that actually do the work) If you are looking for a job in Sales - this is the place for you! Incentives are pocket fillers. You will excel if you are a good salesmen. Think about selling a product that sells itself. Your set! If not in Sales - hit the back button as this is not the place you can build a career.

Cons

Long hours with no reward other then - hey, at least you have a job. Being away from your family during the day is normal...but being at work for 12 to 16 hours and then having to also work from home is ridiculous. There are no resources... the average company has at least 4 or 5 admins yet they only have 1. This company hires so many chiefs and ZERO indians. They are against the term "Planning". Everything is reactionary which seems at the undefined reason of "I said so". Which is why there are huge product failures across the board. There is certainly a "good ole boys" mentality. The women are not respected. I've heard on several occasions the management including the CEO to be hard on the women who work there. I've seen the admin crying on several occasions because the CEO is unforgiving and will make you feel less then par. I thought a CEO should be a leader to the entire employee community. He only cares about your opinion if you are an Executive. Everyone else is beneath him. Imagine a CEO who never says hello when he walks by your desk. Or sees you in the hall. You are invisible to him. If your on the Sales team - you get incentives. I mean luxury trips. Huge expense accounts - let's call it "entertainment". Its almost a slap in the face if you do not work in sales. As if your contribution is not good enough or making the company enough money to warrant an incentive trip. The same people win a trip every year. (Oddly the rest of the company never hears about the trip or how to qualify until the winners return to the office gloating about it). They get bonuses and all kinds of kickbacks. Executive gifts etc. I can't believe I wasted 2 years here. I was fooled by the lies HR will feed you. They are a secret society at best. HR is supposed to foster positive environments yet they do everything they can to stay away from employee relations. That is until the employee is being fired. They certainly do not do more then they have to. I wonder what they do all day? From all the open jobs - it appears they are trying to fill all of the empty chairs with fresh meat. Good luck with that. Obviously they have a decent marketing department. Their function is to craft a pretty picture of course. Smoke and mirrors. A good marketer will sell you something without even telling you what it is in full depth. Keep it simple. It's GPS for crying out loud. You'd think Spireon was a pseudo name for intergalactic travel.

Try a different approach. Clearly your current plan is a failed attempt at fostering a mentally stable and healthy environment for your employees. Find another leader or send him to some kind of training. Perhaps its his culture...however as the CEO it does not take much to smile and say hello. Would it be too much to even ask someone their name? (The thought?!) Adopt a fair program for all employees to be able to join incentive trips. With out engineering - Sales can't sell the product that engineering develops. Without finance you can't know how profitable you are. Without marketing you can't sell a dream. Without adequate support and software - you can't run at optimal levels. Without happy people...you'll never find a culture that flourishes as a team. You will fail. Your customers will begin to see the smoke and mirrors soon. Let's hope you do not fall into the era of the dot.com business. Shape up Spireon. You could be cooler if you'd align your expectations with reality.

Do not work here

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with a great team we treated each other like family.

Cons

Everything else was the worse you could possibly think of.

Nothing my manger was awesome.

There are newer employer reviews for Spireon