There are newer employer reviews for Spirit AeroSystems

Not A Great Place To Be

Former Employee - Composite Technician
Former Employee - Composite Technician

I worked at Spirit AeroSystems

Pros

The best reason I can give anyone as a pros for working at The Spirit Aero System Co. in wichita,Ks would have to be the income.

Cons

They have a very long list of managers who are not qualified for there position and you are micro managed by even managers from other departments.

Listen to your employs, ask them how things are going not the people who have no clue how to preform the job. Although most will not tell the truth for fear of management retaliation to which Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita, Ks has a large problem with.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Spirit AeroSystems (View Most Recent)

Interesting design and development engineering work

Former Employee - Knowledge Based Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Knowledge Based Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Spirit AeroSystems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a Knowledge Based Engineer Intern one summer at Spirit Aerosystems. I was given challenging assignments even as an intern.

Cons

My assignments were challenging and helped me develop to the engineer I am today. It was everything I could hope for and more. There were no cons.

Continue valuing your interns and giving them great work assignments. It will help draw talent to the company.

Good place to start for bigger opportunity

Current Employee - Stress Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Stress Engineer in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Spirit AeroSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, good work-life balance, same Boeing engineering & operation under different name, Learning opportunity, Helpful team work environment, good salary & health insurance, 401K

Cons

Hate to walk over the 2 storied high over pass every morning, parking, no good food cafeteria, no sunlight enters the office space, almost no bonus, less chance of career growth.
    Some of the co-worker seem too professional.

There are newer employer reviews for Spirit AeroSystems