There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Just ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miramar, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Massive growth,great tiem to be employed there sups in my dept are nice.

Cons

no internal communication. very LOOOOW pay. few opportunities for advancement.

r.a.i.s.e. have a growth plan for worker so they see a light at the end of hte tunnel

61 Other Employee Reviews for Spirit Airlines (View Most Recent)

Excellent work for getting into your best physical condition. Travel Benefits!

Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Excellent organization. HR is very helpful and accessible. Training is good and thorough. Physical requirements are intense but not limiting. Trust is huge and precision is demanded at every corner. Expect constant supervision by the excellent staff and constant evaluation at every task performed. Lots of overtime is available and flight benefits are the best in the airline industry. The staff is an assembly of Latin, Caribbean and Gringo. They are mainly friendly, energetic and helpful.

Cons

If you are not able to stay quick on your feet and enjoy daily assessment from a crew of nearly 100 then you may feel overwhelmed. The company trainers gave us the best actions to performing our tasks, if you can't stand up for what you learned in training (the acceptable method) then you may feel pressure from the ding bats. That being said, we already know that there are wise and otherwise in every class. The people quit at an unusual rate, e.g. our last class lost half in one month. I can't say if it was caused by physical or emotional failings. I can only believe that true aviation enthusiasts will have no trouble enjoying the Spirit airline Ultra Low Cost Carrier culture.

Your best trainers are like gold. Use them to improve safety and give them as much time as allowed to do more thorough OJT and evaluations with the newbies. Recurrent training with existing Rampers might prevent workman comp claims from arising and will reinforce our practice of continuous improvement.

dont work at Spirit

Current Employee - Intern  in  Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Safety department is top notch.

Cons

no sense of community among the employees/management. however there is a shared sense of 'were all in this hell hole together' mentality. Mgt cuts every corner and employees suffer from it.

listen to your employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!