Spirit Airlines
www.spiritair.com Miramar, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work-life??

Analyst (Current Employee)
Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

ProsAble to travel almost anywhere at minimal cost.
Dynamic work environment, always some creative, new fee or new source of revenue.
creative ideas and solution for growth.

Conspoor work-life balance. Management prefers the employees to stay extra, just for the sake of staying. It's all about appearance.
pay is not competitive. the travel benefits are "included" in your compensation - it is valued at about 10% of your salary, but with flights being mostly full, it is difficult to make use of the benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase promotions on the quality and quantity of work, not based on the hours the employee spends at the office.
Work on creating a better work-life balance. be understanding when employees need to leave at a specified time to interact with their children, especially if they then work from home after their children go to bed.

Very poor working conditions

RSA (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines part-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of down time between flights. Friendly workers, mostly west… Cons: Horrible moral, people being fired all the time for showing up 1 minute late. Supervisors constantly being replaced.… Advice to Senior Management: Get newer equipment and also train the heck out of newbies. When I asked for a checkout… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No Vision!!!

Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Co-workers, felt like we were stuck in the same… Cons: Extremely overworked, Morale on Mx dep. is on the floor, all the flight benefits they say they give you, you cant really enjoy because you… Advice to Senior Management: This advise is to the board of directives, GET YOUR MONEY AND RUNN!!!! If you keep the same people running this airline the way it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spirit Airlines.

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spirit Airlines CEO B. Ben Baldanza. All reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Airlines employees.