There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

low budget carrier equals low salary, low staff and bad company

Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent  in  Carolina, PR
Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Carolina, PR

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time for more than a year

Pros

usually if you are lucky you can flight for free

Cons

you cannot always have the privilage to flight with Spirit because, the airplanes usually are broken. the staff is very unprofessional and usually treats customers like bargage.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Spirit Airlines (View Most Recent)

Worst company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an airline employee you can travel for free as long as the flight is not full. Unfortunately, that is the only advantage to working at Spirit and it is one you would get with any airline.

Cons

Management does not care about the employees. We had to start as part timers (20 Hrs/Wk ), and had to purchase our own uniforms which were very low quality and expensive ($275). They took the cost out of our paychecks. Very low wages, not too much above minimum wage. During training we were assured that although starting pay was very low, we would receive raises every 6 months. This was followed by constant wage freezes, so those raises took much longer. It took 3 years just to get up to ALMOST $10/Hr and then they hired a bunch of new people and found reasons to get rid of everyone that had finally gotten their way overdue wage increases.
    They had us on 8.5 Hr shifts (half Hr for unpaid lunch) but they kept us so busy that most of the time we would not be able to take the lunch break and they would refuse to pay us for working that extra half hour. This company started out in Detroit and relocated to Florida because they knew they could abuse the employees and get away with it in Florida

Try treating your employees fairly and pay them a reasonable wage for all the hassles and responsibilities you put on them

Work-life??

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to travel almost anywhere at minimal cost.
    Dynamic work environment, always some creative, new fee or new source of revenue.
    creative ideas and solution for growth.

Cons

poor work-life balance. Management prefers the employees to stay extra, just for the sake of staying. It's all about appearance.
    pay is not competitive. the travel benefits are "included" in your compensation - it is valued at about 10% of your salary, but with flights being mostly full, it is difficult to make use of the benefit.

Base promotions on the quality and quantity of work, not based on the hours the employee spends at the office.
    Work on creating a better work-life balance. be understanding when employees need to leave at a specified time to interact with their children, especially if they then work from home after their children go to bed.

There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!