There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Great career opportunities, plenty of growth, a company that needs a sense of direction with employee relations.

Former Employee - Ramp Service Supervisor  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Ramp Service Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot of growth in this company and career advancements.

Cons

Employees are not paid fairly for the amount of work and responsibility that is performed.

The culture and values at this company remain a mystery. There is so much potential in this company, but it all starts by treating the employees with respect. Motivation through fear is not a productive way to run a company.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Spirit Airlines (View Most Recent)

low budget carrier equals low salary, low staff and bad company

Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent  in  Carolina, PR
    Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Carolina, PR

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time for more than a year

Pros

usually if you are lucky you can flight for free

Cons

you cannot always have the privilage to flight with Spirit because, the airplanes usually are broken. the staff is very unprofessional and usually treats customers like bargage.

Worst company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an airline employee you can travel for free as long as the flight is not full. Unfortunately, that is the only advantage to working at Spirit and it is one you would get with any airline.

Cons

Management does not care about the employees. We had to start as part timers (20 Hrs/Wk ), and had to purchase our own uniforms which were very low quality and expensive ($275). They took the cost out of our paychecks. Very low wages, not too much above minimum wage. During training we were assured that although starting pay was very low, we would receive raises every 6 months. This was followed by constant wage freezes, so those raises took much longer. It took 3 years just to get up to ALMOST $10/Hr and then they hired a bunch of new people and found reasons to get rid of everyone that had finally gotten their way overdue wage increases.
    They had us on 8.5 Hr shifts (half Hr for unpaid lunch) but they kept us so busy that most of the time we would not be able to take the lunch break and they would refuse to pay us for working that extra half hour. This company started out in Detroit and relocated to Florida because they knew they could abuse the employees and get away with it in Florida

Try treating your employees fairly and pay them a reasonable wage for all the hassles and responsibilities you put on them

There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!