There are newer employer reviews for Spirit Airlines

Excellent work for getting into your best physical condition. Travel Benefits!

Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Excellent organization. HR is very helpful and accessible. Training is good and thorough. Physical requirements are intense but not limiting. Trust is huge and precision is demanded at every corner. Expect constant supervision by the excellent staff and constant evaluation at every task performed. Lots of overtime is available and flight benefits are the best in the airline industry. The staff is an assembly of Latin, Caribbean and Gringo. They are mainly friendly, energetic and helpful.

Cons

If you are not able to stay quick on your feet and enjoy daily assessment from a crew of nearly 100 then you may feel overwhelmed. The company trainers gave us the best actions to performing our tasks, if you can't stand up for what you learned in training (the acceptable method) then you may feel pressure from the ding bats. That being said, we already know that there are wise and otherwise in every class. The people quit at an unusual rate, e.g. our last class lost half in one month. I can't say if it was caused by physical or emotional failings. I can only believe that true aviation enthusiasts will have no trouble enjoying the Spirit airline Ultra Low Cost Carrier culture.

Your best trainers are like gold. Use them to improve safety and give them as much time as allowed to do more thorough OJT and evaluations with the newbies. Recurrent training with existing Rampers might prevent workman comp claims from arising and will reinforce our practice of continuous improvement.

reviews filtered by
  1. dont work at Spirit

Current Employee - Intern in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Safety department is top notch.

Cons

no sense of community among the employees/management. however there is a shared sense of 'were all in this hell hole together' mentality. Mgt cuts every corner and employees suffer from it.

listen to your employees!

2. Extemely overworked and underpaid/appreciated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Spirit Airlines

Pros

the travel benefits you get

Cons

you can never fly on your own airline

talk to your people