Spirit Airlines
www.spiritair.com Miramar, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent work for getting into your best physical condition. Travel Benefits!

Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsExcellent organization. HR is very helpful and accessible. Training is good and thorough. Physical requirements are intense but not limiting. Trust is huge and precision is demanded at every corner. Expect constant supervision by the excellent staff and constant evaluation at every task performed. Lots of overtime is available and flight benefits are the best in the airline industry. The staff is an assembly of Latin, Caribbean and Gringo. They are mainly friendly, energetic and helpful.

ConsIf you are not able to stay quick on your feet and enjoy daily assessment from a crew of nearly 100 then you may feel overwhelmed. The company trainers gave us the best actions to performing our tasks, if you can't stand up for what you learned in training (the acceptable method) then you may feel pressure from the ding bats. That being said, we already know that there are wise and otherwise in every class. The people quit at an unusual rate, e.g. our last class lost half in one month. I can't say if it was caused by physical or emotional failings. I can only believe that true aviation enthusiasts will have no trouble enjoying the Spirit airline Ultra Low Cost Carrier culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best trainers are like gold. Use them to improve safety and give them as much time as allowed to do more thorough OJT and evaluations with the newbies. Recurrent training with existing Rampers might prevent workman comp claims from arising and will reinforce our practice of continuous improvement.

dont work at Spirit

Intern (Current Employee)
    Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros: Safety department is top notch. Cons: no sense of community among the employees/management. however there is a shared sense of 'were… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your employees! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Extemely overworked and underpaid/appreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Spirit Airlines

Pros: the travel benefits you get Cons: you can never fly on your own airline Advice to Senior Management: talk to your people No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Spirit Airlines.

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spirit Airlines CEO B. Ben Baldanza. All reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Airlines employees.