There are newer employer reviews for Splunk

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Splunk

Pros

Overall, the best thing I can say about Splunk is that if I fail, or don't grow enough as an engineer, or anything like that, it'll be my fault. I'm given all the responsibility I can handle, am treated with respect and trust by my colleagues and managers (including senior management).

Cons

The only real downsides is that in terms of benefits it is just "OK" (especially compared to some of the larger companies like Google and Microsoft). Also, as the company grows, it has some friction around various processes (hiring/recruiting/promotions/etc).

Figure out how we can grow the product into new markets, like startups.

reviews filtered by

Großartiges Produkt, schnell wachsend, EMEA-Management fehlt es an Kompetenz Great product, fast growing, EMEA management lacks of competence

I worked at Splunk full-time (more than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Tolle innovative Technologie, sehr schnell wachsende und erfolgreiche Firma mit tollem Geschäftsführer.

Great innovative technology, very fast growing and successful company with an extraordinary CEO.

Cons

Wächst sehr schnell und manchmal nicht unter Berücksichtigung der Qualifikation und Entwicklung der Leute in der Region EMEA, offensichtlich zu weit entfernt. 'Fürchten' Sie die Verwaltung.

Growing very fast and sometimes not considering the qualification and development of people hired in EMEA obviously being too remote. 'Fear' management.

Haben Sie einen genaueren Blick auf EMEA und die verschiedenen regionalen und auch kulturell bestimmten Unterschiede und folgen Sie "Unsere Werte" und einigen Erfolgsgeschichten und Mustern der anderen Vertriebsorganisationen von US-Anbietern in EMEA.

Have a closer look at EMEA, the various regional and also culturally-determined differences and follow the Splunk 'Our Values' and some success stories and patterns of other sales organizations of US vendors in EMEA.

Game changing technology, startup with growing pains

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Splunk full-time

Pros

The product is amazing and has a clear need within the industry. The founders emphasis was on the culture and people as well as building a great product. It was quite rewarding having such a high influence on the product and quality.

Cons

The usual startup woes: being spread thin, work/life balance although it wasn't particularly bad here, somewhat of a bro culture although you never felt excluded if you weren't a 'bro'.

There are newer employer reviews for Splunk