Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Overall, the best thing I can say about Splunk is that if I fail, or don't grow enough as an engineer, or anything like that, it'll be my fault. I'm given all the responsibility I can handle, am treated with respect and trust by my colleagues and managers (including senior management).

Cons

The only real downsides is that in terms of benefits it is just "OK" (especially compared to some of the larger companies like Google and Microsoft). Also, as the company grows, it has some friction around various processes (hiring/recruiting/promotions/etc).

Advice to Management

Figure out how we can grow the product into new markets, like startups.

Other Employee Reviews for Splunk

Großartiges Produkt, schnell wachsend, EMEA-Management fehlt es an Kompetenz Great product, fast growing, EMEA management lacks of competence

I worked at Splunk full-time (More than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Tolle innovative Technologie, sehr schnell wachsende und erfolgreiche Firma mit tollem Geschäftsführer.

Great innovative technology, very fast growing and successful company with an extraordinary CEO.

Cons

Wächst sehr schnell und manchmal nicht unter Berücksichtigung der Qualifikation und Entwicklung der Leute in der Region EMEA, offensichtlich zu weit entfernt. 'Fürchten' Sie die Verwaltung.

Growing very fast and sometimes not considering the qualification and development of people hired in EMEA obviously being too remote. 'Fear' management.

Advice to Management

Haben Sie einen genaueren Blick auf EMEA und die verschiedenen regionalen und auch kulturell bestimmten Unterschiede und folgen Sie "Unsere Werte" und einigen Erfolgsgeschichten und Mustern der anderen Vertriebsorganisationen von US-Anbietern in EMEA.

Have a closer look at EMEA, the various regional and also culturally-determined differences and follow the Splunk 'Our Values' and some success stories and patterns of other sales organizations of US vendors in EMEA.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Splunk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, amazing technology and a solid customer base. This is the kind of company you look for so you can be a part of something incredible. Unlike most enterprise software out there, Splunk just works! Ask any of our customers and you'll get resounding yes. Management is doing a great job keeping up with the phenomenal growth, and keeping the Splunk culture alive and well.

Cons

Most of the issues at Splunk are related to our rapid growth. Obviously, this leads to short term problems and political battles, hopefully management can resolve them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and please help us hire some more people!