There are newer employer reviews for Splunk

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Splunk

Pros

Overall, the best thing I can say about Splunk is that if I fail, or don't grow enough as an engineer, or anything like that, it'll be my fault. I'm given all the responsibility I can handle, am treated with respect and trust by my colleagues and managers (including senior management).

Cons

The only real downsides is that in terms of benefits it is just "OK" (especially compared to some of the larger companies like Google and Microsoft). Also, as the company grows, it has some friction around various processes (hiring/recruiting/promotions/etc).

Figure out how we can grow the product into new markets, like startups.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Splunk (View Most Recent)

RD

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basically it is funny and lots of things you can do. People are nice and willing to talk. The company culture is great - though the hardware is not as good as Google, but it is still a great company in the bay area.

Cons

The organization is kind of confusing. The management tend to hire new managers from outside instead of promoting somebody internally. The career path is not that steady - but actually it happens to every big data company.

Not long before this place gets hit with discrimination suits (or has it happened already?)

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun location
    Reasonable commuting options
    OK benefits and compensation
    Party central for those who like that kind of thing

Cons

Culture of secrecy, gossip and back-stabbing
    Grew too fast for its infrastructure
    Nightmare HR Department (bad role models). Certainly not walking the talk. Exec is a bit of a joke.
    Favoritism and lack of consistency in promotion practices; promote your "besties"---never mind they were never evaluated against other (more qualified) candidates (internally or externally)
    Inflated egos

Manage with good intention towards business goals, not solely with ambition and personal interests.

There are newer employer reviews for Splunk

Worked for Splunk? Contribute to the Community!