Splunk
www.splunk.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

The best career choice I ever made thus far

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than a year

Pros- Catered lunches on Monday and breakfast on Fridays
- Managers who care about your career growth and not just what they can get out of you
- Smart, forward thinking coworkers and great team
- Great benefits, generous PTO
- The best CEO in silicon valley. His personality and energy makes him seem half his age

It's obvious through the office energy that the whole company really believes in the product and what Splunk can become. Though some days are tougher than others, i've never heard a single person say they regretted becoming here. Since it's still technically a startup (though it's very rapidly becoming corporate) there are plenty of opportunities to work on different projects and define your own career path.

Cons- 401K match would be nice
Typical growing pains: the company is moving so fast that no one really has the time and energy to really sit down and look at the process as a whole. Every department is starting to realize the urgent need to implement practices that will allow us to effectively scale in size.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and award the great work your employees are doing. Nothing motivates a person to work harder than knowing that his hard efforts are truly appreciated.

Much ado about nothing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Splunk full-time

Pros: -People who truly want to believe in the technology -People who… Cons: -The worst managerial staff in technology -Easily the most under qualified HR and administrative staff -I can do this with open source technology -I left because the… Advice to Senior Management: People are the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

As with any job, it is about the manager you have. That makes or breaks you here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Splunk full-time for less than a year

Pros: High growth, smart people and a company that is at… Cons: Some of the VPs have questionable ethics, agreeing to bring on people but then cutting their employment right before their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Splunk.

Worked for Splunk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Splunk reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Splunk CEO Godfrey Sullivan. All reviews posted anonymously by Splunk employees.