There are newer employer reviews for Splunk

Love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing products, great people, great office!

Cons

Typical growing (hyper growing?) pains, empire building, veterans getting tired

Don't let your new wealth distract you! There's plenty more upside.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Splunk (View Most Recent)

I don't review employers. Unless I'm extremely annoyed with the company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Splunk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Glassdoor needs me to write pros, and I created a glassdoor account simply because I have never been so throughly dissatisfied with an employer to go through the trouble of creating an account and writing a review. Undoubtedly splunk is the golden child of this decade, if you count the IPO and the very slick product. It's a good product, there is simply no doubt about this. It also makes me think that they do not need a sales staff. The product sells itself. It's like log management software in a bikini. Let me say that one more time: The product sells itself. Now - see the cons.

Cons

The product sells itself. Simple. They know this. So the field staff receives step motherly treatment at best. If you really manage to worm your way into a good team where you are fairly insulated from the surrounding ennui, then you are golden. I have never had such an awful time working for a company with such a great product. Is this a place for somewhat brainless people? Yes. If you want to sell disruptive technology and not forget that you also have a brain, leave.
    If you want to do a brainless job day after day, and work with colleagues who don't know the meaning of the phrase 'team spirit', you are in the right place. Good product. Bad managers, absolutely incompetent hr and field support. Bad company.

Lose your field staff. Outsource to a telemarketing firm. You will probably get the same ROI. There will also be no need to employ so many field sales folks. More money in your pocket.

Best career choice ever

I have been working at Splunk

Pros

Committed, passionate, fair and experienced leadership team. Fun culture. Amazing products. Exceptional customer relations. "We all must win" could be the mantra illustrating colleagues willingness to share and coach others. No "eagles" flying solo here! Interview cycle is very thorough - makes everyone who makes it onboard feel special!

Cons

None really. Some of what would be expected with a hyper growth company as operational support works to align with sales growth.

Devote more focus and resources to channel development to support scalability of the sales organization. Keep up the conscious effort to maintain the culture as the company grows!

There are newer employer reviews for Splunk

Worked for Splunk? Contribute to the Community!