used to be great, really gone downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than a year

Pros

money, money, money, good name to have on resume.

Cons

everything else, work sucks, people are aggressive and rude to each other. its one of those places where people want to get ahead by discrediting others. there is no longer any transparency in the organization. have had three bosses in the span of a year. impossible to get anything done. there are 10 managers to every one person actually doing work.

Other Reviews for Splunk

It's the goat rodeo they say it is

I worked at Splunk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very willing to get people in the right job. Very friendly environment, want people to succeed. Good technology. PTO, RSUs, benefits, and has a fun environment.

Very approachable and smart CEO. Very smart people to learn from.

Telecommuting option is provided, but hard to do when you're on a conference call with 8 people in a room shouting at each other forgetting you're on the phone.

Party culture if you like that type of thing.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. Even though people are friendly, there is a lot of backstabbing that is going on.

There is a lot of shifting going on in management that is taking a lot of the individual contributors by surprise, looking like people are being forced out, and it makes everyone very uneasy.

Free food, drinks, etc with no sensitivity to allergies.

Absolutely no consideration for those who have families and want to enjoy them instead of working long days, nights, weekends, etc.

Many in management at all levels do not care how things interact with each other. Many are either my-way-or-the-highway or just don't care.

The worst HR and IT departments I have ever worked with anywhere, and they are both given awards constantly. Hypergrowth is fine, but if you don't have the infrastructure to support it, you are only shooting yourself in the foot.

But the worst part? The unprofessionalism that is not only accepted, but it appears to be encouraged in every department. And that has to do with the Boy's Club that's there even though management puts blinders to it.

Please listen to your individual contributors! They have a lot to offer, but they do not feel listened to. If you don't listen to them, they will not stay, and they are your bread and butter.

You are also running them into the ground and not communicating the current management changes. Fix the communication!

Life changing, dream job

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Splunk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been given an opportunity to grow professionally and map out my career with management. I really feel like the company has invested in me. The culture is innovative, disruptive, fun. People are passionate about their work. Executive team is open and approachable. Benefits are excellent, including ESPP.

Cons

No real cons here. I get to run my job like it's my own business. Can't ask for more than that.

Continue investing in your employees by promoting from within.

There are newer employer reviews for Splunk.

Worked for Splunk? Contribute to the Community!