Spokeo

There are newer employer reviews for Spokeo

Pretty happy

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First job out of college. Couldn't really ask for more. Even though I got a "starter project" to begin with, I am learning a lot, and this project will be seen by a lot of people.

Cons

Everything looks ok to me...

Would like to learn a little more about the architecture and history of the company.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Spokeo (View Most Recent)

Good place to work after graduating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friend introduced me to Spokeo. He graduated a few months before I did. We both chose to stay in LA instead of moving to San Francisco. "Management" (used very loosely here because the company feels more like a school project) will get on you if you fall behind. Otherwise it's pretty laid back. If you want weekly manager reviews, this place isn't for you. If you just want to work on your project, and you're ok with feedback once in a while, then this place is awesome.

Cons

New furniture please... I hear the office is expanding to multiple floors. Would be nice to redecorate.

New furniture please...

Time Someone Told the Truth....Very Problematic Company (Bogus Reviews Posted to Bolster Bad Image) Think twice!

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some very talented people and seemingly hip/progressive environment - at least at first appearnce (pool table, snacks, jeans); but later you start to discover it all means nothing. It's actually a very conservative and somewhat oppressive environment. The industry is progressive -- tech -- web based -- but the players are sneaky, secretive and oppressive in their management style.

Cons

Very poorly managed. Inexperienced pricipals with huge egos. Massive legal troubles (they've been investigated and sued by the FTC and had to pay huge penalties for major violations, plus sued repeatedly by private parties). Personal and corporate ethics leave much to be desired.

Very little regard for doing "what's right." Lack of moral compass. Instead, brazen and cavalier attitudes on part of owners (who've never held jobs elsewhere). It's all about what they can get away with, without consideration for who they may be hurting by doing business the way they do, and in a big way; not just a "business as usual" kind of way.

Lots of turn-over and attrition. The only ones who stay are too inexperienced to know better, and are lured with the promise of "shares" which are really worthless-- especially if they keep getting sued. The extremely positive reviews posted here, I suspect, are likely fabricated since they show little to no resemblance to any opinions I hear, and it's a small place. By the way- part of the FTC investigation and penalties were about false postings online. Don't take my word for it-- research them on the Internet before you accept a job here. Most of the guys I talk to are looking elswhere.

Bring in experienced people.

There are newer employer reviews for Spokeo