There are newer employer reviews for Spokeo

Awesome place to work, great benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Spokeo is a genuinely fun place to be. Everyone gets along really well and the culture is very relaxed but people still do a good job of working hard when necessary. Really awesome benefits: great insurance policy, lots of PTO (and no one is looked down upon for actually using it), and actually fun events on a regular basis.

Cons

Communication can be less than stellar sometimes. There are some minor growing pains but that's to be expected from a small, growing company.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Spokeo (View Most Recent)

This is going to sound mega cheesy...

I have been working at Spokeo full-time

Pros

...but I love coming to work. For the first time. Ever. I pick my own hours, got an amazing macbook pro, 27 inch thunderbolt display, standing desk, amazing free lunch every single day, tons of vacation, and I'm not micromanaged. I finally feel like I'm doing something more than what my job title says on paper. If I want to work on something else or learn a new skill above and beyond my specific job "duties" I CAN. If I want to go to a conference or tech summit they PAY and they encourage it. They sponsored me going to SXSW so long as I presented some highlights from my trip when I returned. Steak dinners almost every week and they send us to tons of sporting events.... not that I like sports, but I'll never say no to free drinks and food. My friends especially love the fact that I work here because I usually get to bring them to everything. It's also the perfect size in terms of my work actually meaning something and not getting lost in the system or projects being canceled just because someone upstairs says the magic word. (Like what would happen in my last corp job). Lastly, they pay a lot. Probably too much.

Cons

Not enough space. They are going through pretty rapid growth and it's kind of a daily struggle for people here. The lunch lines can be long, and the AC seems to be broken more than it's not. Management also needs to do a better job with transparency... they send weekly reports about changes and fixes, but unless you are a developer it might as well be in Swahili. They are also known to promote from within but they aren't so great at showing you exactly how to get there, if your intention is to grow your career here. The office needs to be redecorated and it would be fantastic if people didn't leave razor scooters in the middle of the walkway for me to trip and kill myself on.

Move to a bigger building with higher ceilings, an actual cafeteria, and a working AC unit, and explain updates in layman's terms.

My first experience taking a job that actually under promised and over delivered

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment and culture. It's neither a big cooperation that drains your soul or an eager startup that demands it. Fantastic benefits and perks where employees are treated very well, but more importantly, I feel empowered to do great work, and feel the management is extremely supportive when it comes to improvement and change. There's no "status quo" or "be a rockstar/ninja" fluff, ego or propaganda. Just a bunch of smart, friendly people doing some pretty darn good work and enjoying themselves along the way.

Cons

It's a startup that's grown up really fast. As a result, lots of processes still need to mature to catch up with the speed at which the company has expanded.

There are newer employer reviews for Spokeo

Worked for Spokeo? Contribute to the Community!