There are newer employer reviews for Spokeo

Bad management. No Space to grow.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the company has free lunch catering everyday, foosball and pool table, nerf gun, casual dress code. They also provide competitive salary and coworkers are friendly.

Cons

very bad management. The founders lack of visions. There is no space for the company to grow. so much politics, unnecessary fighting between founders.

Advice to Management

The founders need to grow up!

reviews filtered by

Work Hard, Play Hard.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Spokeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work with lots of talented creative people. The work is intense, with intense play time in-between. Food (all you ever need), games (pool, ping ping, etc).

Cons

Growing fast.. hard to keep up with the new faces.

This is going to sound mega cheesy...

I have been working at Spokeo full-time

Pros

...but I love coming to work. For the first time. Ever. I pick my own hours, got an amazing macbook pro, 27 inch thunderbolt display, standing desk, amazing free lunch every single day, tons of vacation, and I'm not micromanaged. I finally feel like I'm doing something more than what my job title says on paper. If I want to work on something else or learn a new skill above and beyond my specific job "duties" I CAN. If I want to go to a conference or tech summit they PAY and they encourage it. They sponsored me going to SXSW so long as I presented some highlights from my trip when I returned. Steak dinners almost every week and they send us to tons of sporting events.... not that I like sports, but I'll never say no to free drinks and food. My friends especially love the fact that I work here because I usually get to bring them to everything. It's also the perfect size in terms of my work actually meaning something and not getting lost in the system or projects being canceled just because someone upstairs says the magic word. (Like what would happen in my last corp job). Lastly, they pay a lot. Probably too much.

Cons

Not enough space. They are going through pretty rapid growth and it's kind of a daily struggle for people here. The lunch lines can be long, and the AC seems to be broken more than it's not. Management also needs to do a better job with transparency... they send weekly reports about changes and fixes, but unless you are a developer it might as well be in Swahili. They are also known to promote from within but they aren't so great at showing you exactly how to get there, if your intention is to grow your career here. The office needs to be redecorated and it would be fantastic if people didn't leave razor scooters in the middle of the walkway for me to trip and kill myself on.

Advice to Management

Move to a bigger building with higher ceilings, an actual cafeteria, and a working AC unit, and explain updates in layman's terms.