Bullied

Current Employee - Customer Service in Jensen Beach, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Jensen Beach, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount and benefits.

Cons

Bullied by managers and supervisors; they play favorites. The higher ups are constantly telling you are doing things wrong and to do it there way. They constantly threaten you to force loyalty cards on customers or you have no job. To cheap to repair a/c, so it is like a sauna in the store. They try to find ways not to pay you money you are owed. They wont negotiate pay upon hire.

Advice to Management

Learn how to train employees, treat employees fairly and equally. Pay employees time worked.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Treated Like a Roach from Day One.

Former Employee - Cashier in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Most of the customers you'll meet are incredibly friendly.
    -If you're comfortable with fast-paced environments, you won't mind the surges in customer traffic.

Cons

-Right from the beginning of my employment, I knew I wasn't a part of the plastic Mickey Mouse club. Long-time managers and associates made my "outsider" status clear. Beware of the high-school environment.
    -Long-time managers and associates love to gossip, and belittle associates w/ poor Loyalty scores. Once again, beware of the high school environment.
    -Store procedures are poorly communicated to new hires. You're left asking long-timers questions, which annoys them. And they'll make their anger known.
    -If you're uncomfortable with remaining absolutely still for 98% of your shift, do NOT apply for Cashier.
    -The severe emphasis on their Loyalty cards is stamped all over the store. If you are uncomfortable with shoving cards down customers' throats, you'll quickly end up on the chopping block-especially if you don't sell your soul to a manager.
    -One manager appears to be sugary sweet, but reminds me of a killer from a horror film.
    -Loyalty, Loyalty, Loyalty.

Advice to Management

According to my experience, and the experiences of others, I think every manager of every Sports Authority store needs to be fired-with the exception of one at the Irvine location. The company's morals are really screwed up.

very poor interview experience

Current Employee - Cashier Lead in Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier Lead in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Semi professional staff
    alot of customers to sell replacement plans too
    actually there arent really any pros

Cons

too much focus on pushing loyalty cards, surveys and ecp
    completely unrealistic views for a sales staff for ecp when 90% of the people dont want to put a replacement plan on the stuff they buy ex. Dumbless and folding chairs that sell for 7 dollars.

Advice to Management

Need a training system on a computer or a program to train new hires that is properly laid out. The training there is very poor.