Sports Authority

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Bullied

Current Employee - Customer Service in Jensen Beach, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Jensen Beach, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employee discount and benefits.

Cons

Bullied by managers and supervisors; they play favorites. The higher ups are constantly telling you are doing things wrong and to do it there way. They constantly threaten you to force loyalty cards on customers or you have no job. To cheap to repair a/c, so it is like a sauna in the store. They try to find ways not to pay you money you are owed. They wont negotiate pay upon hire.

Learn how to train employees, treat employees fairly and equally. Pay employees time worked.

676 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Treated Like a Roach from Day One.

Former Employee - Cashier in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Most of the customers you'll meet are incredibly friendly.
    -If you're comfortable with fast-paced environments, you won't mind the surges in customer traffic.

Cons

-Right from the beginning of my employment, I knew I wasn't a part of the plastic Mickey Mouse club. Long-time managers and associates made my "outsider" status clear. Beware of the high-school environment.
    -Long-time managers and associates love to gossip, and belittle associates w/ poor Loyalty scores. Once again, beware of the high school environment.
    -Store procedures are poorly communicated to new hires. You're left asking long-timers questions, which annoys them. And they'll make their anger known.
    -If you're uncomfortable with remaining absolutely still for 98% of your shift, do NOT apply for Cashier.
    -The severe emphasis on their Loyalty cards is stamped all over the store. If you are uncomfortable with shoving cards down customers' throats, you'll quickly end up on the chopping block-especially if you don't sell your soul to a manager.
    -One manager appears to be sugary sweet, but reminds me of a killer from a horror film.
    -Loyalty, Loyalty, Loyalty.

According to my experience, and the experiences of others, I think every manager of every Sports Authority store needs to be fired-with the exception of one at the Irvine location. The company's morals are really screwed up.

Not sure it is the company as much as the manager

Former Employee - Firearms Specialist in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Firearms Specialist in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee discount
    Closed most holidays
    Good selection of firearms

Cons

Low pay
    Incompetent managers
    Horrible hours

Don't hire yes men, hire the person that is best for the store not the store manager's ego. Pay better: your employees would be less likely to steal from you (I was not one of them but half my department was). Don't promote a racist, sexist, anti-Semitics and then you won't get sued when their true colors show.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority