Sports Authority
www.sportsauthority.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Great co-workers not so great Management!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Modesto, CA

ProsThe Co-workers were really friendly and would help you when your department got busy. Pay was also good for just starting out. Discount is only 20% but comes in handy at times.

ConsSome management is unfriendly and uninformative. How many hours you get depend on your sales record. Prefer you not to have this job as well as another.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better, don't just throw them into a department they know nothing about and expect them to excel. Also give more information to employees about the products they are selling not just the basics customers want to know all the details and when we have been given the information it looks bad on us.

I found my team.

Cash Lead (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time for more than a year

Pros: At the sports authority they always encourage us to succeed and give our best. When we do well it is rewarded. The… Cons: We're in a mall so we have to comply with mall hours.… Advice to Senior Management: Hi, you guys are nice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wouldn't recommend to a friend...

Assistant Buyer (Current Employee)
    Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people in a good location. It was fun and happy before someone came along and fired so many people. There are fun… Cons: Old building, tiny gym (it's a sporting goods company!), unethical practices in regards to growth and salary (HR). Everyone… Advice to Senior Management: Pay the people who matter, upgrade everything. At least pretend… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sports Authority CEO Michael E. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees.