Great managers, fun place to work at

Current Employee - Sales Authority  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Sales Authority in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers are great. They do their jobs well but they also have a good sense of humor. It's nice to have someone to lead you that has extensive knowledge in their field but its also nice to be able to have a good relationship with them. Another great thing is that they'll work around your school schedule or if you have another job they'll work around your hours there. They cross-train and it is a great opportunity to learn and grow. I have gained a lot of knowledge in the short amount of time I have been here. Your communication skills will definitely grow having to talk to strangers (customers) all day.

Cons

Can't really think of any except for the fact that if you're not a manager and don't have your own office, you'll pretty much be standing your entire shift. That's not to say the managers are always in their office though. they just have more chances to sit down than associates do.

I know you have to focus on the negatives to better your stores, but your employees would appreciate it if you rewarded them for positive actions. Nothing worse than when you try your hardest and you only get told what you are doing wrong.

Other Reviews for Sports Authority

I found my team.

Current Employee - Cash Lead  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Cash Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time for more than a year

Pros

At the sports authority they always encourage us to succeed and give our best. When we do well it is rewarded. The communication is fantastic and we have really opened up more and more ways to talk to eachother. Bayshore Sports Authority is awesome.

Cons

We're in a mall so we have to comply with mall hours. We also have crazy hours on days like black friday. no fun!

Hi, you guys are nice.

I am a newbie.

Current Employee - Data Integrity Clerk  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Data Integrity Clerk in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the culture and feel of the company. Free Yoga, Pilates and mini boot camp during lunch.

Cons

None yet.......as far as I can tell.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!