Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Great Team to work with...but with general issues

Current Employee - Cashier in Braintree, MA
Current Employee - Cashier in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers in general, Decent pay, Decent hours

Cons

Loyalty cards are a pain. 30% of all transactions need have a loyalty rewards card attached to them or else you get written up.

Stop harassing the associates about free plastic cards. If customers don't want it, most of them aren't going to get it.

701 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Great managers, fun place to work at

Current Employee - Sales Authority in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Authority in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The managers are great. They do their jobs well but they also have a good sense of humor. It's nice to have someone to lead you that has extensive knowledge in their field but its also nice to be able to have a good relationship with them. Another great thing is that they'll work around your school schedule or if you have another job they'll work around your hours there. They cross-train and it is a great opportunity to learn and grow. I have gained a lot of knowledge in the short amount of time I have been here. Your communication skills will definitely grow having to talk to strangers (customers) all day.

Cons

Can't really think of any except for the fact that if you're not a manager and don't have your own office, you'll pretty much be standing your entire shift. That's not to say the managers are always in their office though. they just have more chances to sit down than associates do.

I know you have to focus on the negatives to better your stores, but your employees would appreciate it if you rewarded them for positive actions. Nothing worse than when you try your hardest and you only get told what you are doing wrong.

I am a newbie.

Current Employee - Data Integrity Clerk in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Data Integrity Clerk in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the culture and feel of the company. Free Yoga, Pilates and mini boot camp during lunch.

Cons

None yet.......as far as I can tell.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority