There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Not satisfied

Former Employee - Cashier in Mount Prospect, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sometimes there were good sales for employees. You will also probably make a few close friends.

Cons

They overwork and underpay their employees, and don't allow much flexibility at all. Hard and dedicated workers were not recognized at this company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great managers, fun place to work at

Current Employee - Sales Authority in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Authority in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The managers are great. They do their jobs well but they also have a good sense of humor. It's nice to have someone to lead you that has extensive knowledge in their field but its also nice to be able to have a good relationship with them. Another great thing is that they'll work around your school schedule or if you have another job they'll work around your hours there. They cross-train and it is a great opportunity to learn and grow. I have gained a lot of knowledge in the short amount of time I have been here. Your communication skills will definitely grow having to talk to strangers (customers) all day.

Cons

Can't really think of any except for the fact that if you're not a manager and don't have your own office, you'll pretty much be standing your entire shift. That's not to say the managers are always in their office though. they just have more chances to sit down than associates do.

I know you have to focus on the negatives to better your stores, but your employees would appreciate it if you rewarded them for positive actions. Nothing worse than when you try your hardest and you only get told what you are doing wrong.

2. I found my team.

Current Employee - Cash Lead in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Cash Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (more than a year)

Pros

At the sports authority they always encourage us to succeed and give our best. When we do well it is rewarded. The communication is fantastic and we have really opened up more and more ways to talk to eachother. Bayshore Sports Authority is awesome.

Cons

We're in a mall so we have to comply with mall hours. We also have crazy hours on days like black friday. no fun!

Hi, you guys are nice.