Sports Authority
www.sportsauthority.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Great people, but they are all leaving.

Engineer II (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsGreat people to work with, especially if you find the right team. There are a few really outstanding managers and directors still around there.

ConsAll the best people are leaving, and management doesn't understand why. No flex time or work from home (officially) allowed. Constantly putting out fires instead of preventing the fires in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen half the IT team leave, you might consider the fact that putting all their work on top of those left will only encourage them to leave too.

Profit driven company with little regard for values

Sales Authority (Former Employee)
    Oakdale, MN

I worked at Sports Authority part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Sports atmosphere Fun co-workers Customers are typically friendly and enjoyable to help Cons: More concerned with profits than value No loyalty to workers Forced to sell useless… Advice to Senior Management: Build a business focused on the company mission and values, rather than driving for more profit. Customers have the most contact with associates,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun employees, nice discount, crappy management.

Sales Authority (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time for less than a year

Pros: A couple times a year we get a cost + 10%… Cons: The management at my store was horrible. The store manager couldn't handle anything, the floor… Advice to Senior Management: More training and more reviews. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sports Authority CEO Michael E. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees.