Sports Authority

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Senior Sales Authority

Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Palm Desert, CA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Decent discount
-Friendly coworkers
-Understanding managers
-Great atmosphere

Cons

-Low hours
-Pay isn't competitive
-Few Managers have no idea what they are doing

As a Senior Authority, I am constantly on the top 1 rank for productivity in the region, yet fail to get praised. Instead, I get lashed at for going a whole shift for not getting an ECP/Insole while other associates are getting praised for getting 1 ECP/Insole in a WEEK! Managers need to distribute hours more to those who deserve it, and not just to those with the rank of “full-time” because most of them at my store don’t even produce metrics like others do. District Managers and Regional Managers need to micromanage the stores individually, because not all stores are built to run alike. Also, quit making Loyalty cards a big deal. Not every customer wants ones, so quit forcing us to making them sign up for one.

653 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Very poorly ran company

I worked at Sports Authority

Pros

Very nice coworkers and had a blast working with my coworkers. Also enjoyed the flexibility of work centers and scheduling of hours.

Cons

Horrible training and preparation given to the employees. Management sits in their offices and does nothing to help out the store or business. Many times they wouldn't even come out of the office to speak with customers.

Your store management is horrible.

Horrible

Former Employee - Floor Associate in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Floor Associate in Sanford, FL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is really no pros to this job. The only thing is that they start you at a decent pay.

Cons

No hours given. My position was floor associate. But I was on register a lot meaning the store never got cleaned so the opening shift would always complain. Other employees were not friendly at all. No real training, pretty much you have to learn everything yourself. And I really mean that so customers would look at me like I was stupid. Managers were horrible as well. They don't know how to talk to people. One manager made me feel like I put the store percentage down with there rewards program since I started working there. They are all about numbers and nothing else.

Go to training on how to become better. Like really I don't know how they became managers. They all were very horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority