Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com

There is no company, only a collection of district : city-states. United by name only.

Corporate (Former Employee)

ProsThe management discount is quite nice, as are side benefits offered by ski resorts and vendors that provide pro-forms. Most other employees are like minded.

ConsZERO corporate structure. Each district is its own wild west, using the rules and standards of it prospective manager, and not that of the corporate office. My position was moved to another location, which was offered to me however the cost of living was far higher and no compensation was offered to me. The company had very lousy benefits when I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to rope in the district manager, who often fire loyal employees to make room for friends. Job performance means little for your chances at promotion unless you are the personal friend of your superior - this must stop! Also repair your old stores, they are pathetic.

Overworked and stressful work conditions for Store Managers.

Store Manager (Current Employee) North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -selling sporting goods -good lower level people. Cons: -no holiday pay -expect you to work 75 plus hours a week -district and regional managers don't live in reality. -measurable goals that are not attainable. -bonus… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your store managers competitively. Stop managing by fear and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very fulfilling job at first but has been plagued by bad decisions by corporate.

Hardlines Manager (Current Employee) Woodbury, MN

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very fun work environment. You sell sports and talk about… Cons: Everything... Started off great but soon but after they purchased stadium rights it went downhill. They cut hours to compensate for the payments so… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to give hours to lower volume stores No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!