Sports Authority

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Needs serious improvement

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader
Current Employee - Sales Team Leader

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with customers and in a sports environment.

Cons

Ecps, Loyalty, CEI, District Managers, Regional Managers, No hours for good employees, pointless tasking, more worried about petty things than the actual customer.

You say you care about the customers and their experience, but you're lying. You put one manager, cashier, associate in the store throughout the whole day then ask why metrics are bad? Some stores run 4 managers only throughout a whole day. Quit being greedy and realize tasking and customer service won't get accomplished without actual employees. All this is common sense. Being a manager with this company is over the top stressful and one of the worst experiences I've ever had with an occupation. Thanks

713 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

A company stuck in the 90's

Former Employee - General Manager in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Edison, NJ

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee discount.
    Everything else is a joke.

Cons

Mindless paperwork , audits and upper management that is bleeding the company.

Get rid of all the dead wood, district managers.
    Care more about your employees.
    Stop with all the operational junk, sales are what is important. NOT PAPERWORK.
    Get rid of the Asett protection people, all they are is sales prevention.
    Come off the high horse.
    Make sure HR is actually employee friendly.

There is no company, only a collection of district : city-states. United by name only.

Former Employee - Corporate
    Former Employee - Corporate

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The management discount is quite nice, as are side benefits offered by ski resorts and vendors that provide pro-forms. Most other employees are like minded.

Cons

ZERO corporate structure. Each district is its own wild west, using the rules and standards of it prospective manager, and not that of the corporate office. My position was moved to another location, which was offered to me however the cost of living was far higher and no compensation was offered to me. The company had very lousy benefits when I worked there.

Corporate needs to rope in the district manager, who often fire loyal employees to make room for friends. Job performance means little for your chances at promotion unless you are the personal friend of your superior - this must stop! Also repair your old stores, they are pathetic.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority