There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Flexible

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible with scheduling, if I couldn't work they would reschedule me.

Cons

I was hired as a seasonal employee, but at the same time as hiring me, they hired 10 other ones. They gave us hours but as quick as they gave them they took them away.

Hire less people, give them more hours

630 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Engineer II in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer II in Englewood, CO

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some terrific people there.

Cons

Sports Authority is an absolute hellhole, They treat people like dirt and then appear surprised at their ridiculously high staff turnover

At least pretend that you want to do more than just sell the business.

A career of misery

Current Employee - Team Leader in Jensen Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Jensen Beach, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Discount: cost + 10 a couple of times a year. Otherwise 25%.

Cons

Company doesn't promote from within after depth manager. For Co or store manager you have to be hired from outside. Full time is considered 32 hours until next year when it will be 30. Customer service is supposed to be primary focus but company gives you no tools to do so. Example: don't have an item in stock you spend your time calling several stores and then tell the customer to go get it. Can't transfer items store to store unless you go pick it up but company doesn't want to do paid outs for gas. Run out of items in mid season and can't get more in quick enough. Scattered focus and too many things to tell one customer so you can't get to the rest. Every customer has to have loyalty ecp and sofsole sold to them. Then no follow through. Customers get loyalty and rewards are good for them but card isn't automatic at register and you can't look up their previous purchases for returns with it. All technologies is ancient and no money is spent to upgrade. Store managers are told to work 7 days a week when payroll is tight which is always. Your job is based on scores set by corporate and the numbers change constantly. I'm one week our sales goals were raised three times. This company will be going under soon. Don't work here.

Deadweight is not in your minimum wage employees. There aren't enough in any store. Cutting to the bone in payroll in a customer service first company doesn't work. Just look at your cei. Two top complaints nobody to help customers and not enough stock. Funny your stores are telling you that. Pay attention! You've already lost most of the people who care and now the people you have don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority