There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Pretty cool, laidback job. Had fun and other employees were fun to be around with.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Arlington, TX

I worked at Sports Authority part-time for more than a year

Pros

-laid back
-easy
-fun
-cool and friendly employees
-opportunity to make extra cash by selling extra things

Cons

-none really. I enjoyed working at this place. Maybe just an improvement of the store technology wise.

611 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Most Unprofessional Company I Have Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sports Authority full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people at the store level. That's about it.

Cons

Outdated IT, destructive company culture, not fun at all, horrible upper management, poor operations processes, constant high pressure to push Loyalty, ECP, Thorlos, and Insoles. The Company thinks that if the numbers are great that the managers are awesome and doing a great job. They have no idea, and the stores keep performing poorly. Lots of favoritism, harassment is tolerated in the stores, no upward advancement. "In your face" style of management that doesn't care about the employees. Inconsistent performance management. The only way they know how to be profitable is to keep cutting costs, payroll, etc. and expecting that the CSI scores for customer service will be amazing. In reality, they could care less about customer service, as long as the scores from the few surveys they get are high.

Maybe get to know the people who work for you, and you might find that there is enough internal talent to save this decrepit organization. Otherwise, the company will continue on the current road to Hell, to the applause of the employees.

It was an average, low-level job.

Former Employee - Sniagrab Associate  in  Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sniagrab Associate in Murray, UT

I worked at Sports Authority as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They worked around my school schedule. Most of my coworkers were reliable ad worked their fair share. Hard work was somewhat rewarded.

Cons

They treated me like I was a screw-up, and as though I and my coworkers were going to fail. They promised hours, and pay, that we never received. They weren't very understanding.

Drop the condescension, and stick with your promises. If you hire me, respect me. If you offer a job, provide it.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!