Good co workers

I have been working at Sports Authority

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with. It definitely makes the job better working with people who are fun to be around

Cons

Not enough training. I was just thrown into different areas and just expected to be able to effectively help customers which was difficult at the beginning

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Pretty cool, laidback job. Had fun and other employees were fun to be around with.

Former Employee - Cashier in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Arlington, TX

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-laid back -easy -fun -cool and friendly employees -opportunity to make extra cash by selling extra things

Cons

-none really. I enjoyed working at this place. Maybe just an improvement of the store technology wise.

Most Unprofessional Company I Have Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people at the store level. That's about it.

Cons

Outdated IT, destructive company culture, not fun at all, horrible upper management, poor operations processes, constant high pressure to push Loyalty, ECP, Thorlos, and Insoles. The Company thinks that if the numbers are great that the managers are awesome and doing a great job. They have no idea, and the stores keep performing poorly. Lots of favoritism, harassment is tolerated in the stores, no upward advancement. "In your face" style of management that doesn't care about the employees. Inconsistent performance management. The only way they know how to be profitable is to keep cutting costs, payroll, etc. and expecting that the CSI scores for customer service will be amazing. In reality, they could care less about customer service, as long as the scores from the few surveys they get are high.

Advice to Management

Maybe get to know the people who work for you, and you might find that there is enough internal talent to save this decrepit organization. Otherwise, the company will continue on the current road to Hell, to the applause of the employees.