it was ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pembroke Pines, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get that team feeling with the sales associates

Cons

The managers only care about there selfs

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awfully managed

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was pretty easy, just boring due to never having anything that needed to be done.

Cons

The managers have favorites who they let sit in their office and talk for hours. They smoke cigarettes inside their offices, making the entire back of the store reach. I requested time off 3 weeks before the date and was told multiple times I would get approval. Then I was scheduled to work during the requested time off, when I asked about it they said it was a mistake and they would fix it. I returned from my vacation to find that I had been fired for missing work. When I confronted them about it, they said they never approved it. They said I was also fired because they were downsizing and releasing the newest employees but they had just hired 6 new employees a month after I began. Not only do I have to go out and search for a new job, numerous others are put in a hard situation because the managers couldn't properly manage their workforce. When I tried to reach corporate to complain about the managers, I was put through a maze of calling numerous numbers till the final line was disconnected. The headquarters does not have any regard for the well being of their employees. The single worst job I have ever had, completely and utterly due to the poor management.

Advice to Management

Don't fire people because they just began, fire the people who deserve to be fired.

2. It was an average, low-level job.

Former Contractor - Sniagrab Associate in Murray, UT
    Former Contractor - Sniagrab Associate in Murray, UT

I worked at Sports Authority as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They worked around my school schedule. Most of my coworkers were reliable ad worked their fair share. Hard work was somewhat rewarded.

Cons

They treated me like I was a screw-up, and as though I and my coworkers were going to fail. They promised hours, and pay, that we never received. They weren't very understanding.

Advice to Management

Drop the condescension, and stick with your promises. If you hire me, respect me. If you offer a job, provide it.