Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com

Great summer job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsSchedule flexibility, overall ease of job, great people to work with, pleasant management. It's the perfect summer job in college or fresh out, when you're looking for a "real job"

ConsAn ape could be a sales associate there, and for the most part, the people they hire have IQs at that level. Your managers are basically glorified babysitters and spend their day patrolling teenagers to get off their cell phones or stop smoking cigarettes on the loading dock.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your employees more accountable for their mistakes. I remember seeing one employee constantly reprimanded for the same thing, but because there were no repercussions, they contented to do it.

Students find a better part time

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Sports Authority part-time for less than a year

Pros: 25% discount good hours nice co workers if… Cons: Lots of pressure, make numbers when there are no customers Advice to Senior Management: The management is horrible! This place does not care about the employees what so ever! I don't see a big future for this company. Dicks… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disorganized, no teamwork, poor management

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Manalapan, NJ

I worked at Sports Authority part-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice employee discount, flexible hours, all employees have access to headsets making life… Cons: No former training whatsoever. The company is a mess; management has very little experience and the employees do as they please. The technology is very… Advice to Senior Management: Properly train your employees to interact with the customer instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!