Sports Authority

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Good while in School

Former Employee - Cash Lead
Former Employee - Cash Lead

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked getting a discount on merchandise and being able to see the latest products come out.

Cons

Corporate is constantly changing their strategy. Every few months they would launch some new program that would supposedly make Sports Authority the best. Incentive programs didn't work and were frustrating. Also there was too much focus put on customer service surveys.

Focus internally instead of trying to focus externally. Happy employees are more likely to make customers happy.

676 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

Not the worst but not the best either.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great employee discount, flexible schedules, good part time job for a college student. they've always been great at scheduling my hours so they dont conflict with my college hours.

Cons

managers lie to the customers to sell ecp and to get high scores on the surveys, they make a huge deal about the rewards card making us force customers who don't want to sign up to get them, favoritism towards employees who sell a lot of ECP to the point where a newer employee who sells a lot of ECP will get promoted faster than somebody who's been there for years but sells a ECP a bit less frequently. Some cash leads think that because they're a lead they run the place and can scream at other associates.

Horrible Experience. Horrible Management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid Back work Atmosphere. No more pros

Cons

Horrible Management. All act like children and don't know how to actually manage people. Spent most of the time talking behind each others backs and gossiping about other employees. When you had a question, they acted ike you were interrupting them and got annoyed. When they were just taking with each other. STAY AWAY. They are going to go bankrupt anyway.

Hire Competent managers who actually have a college degree and know what they are doing. Promote the hard workers instead of leaving them unnoticed.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority