Sports Authority
www.sportsauthority.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Devil you know vs. Devil you don't.

Group Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

Pros-Casual work environment
-In Denver
-Some great, interesting, smart people, but most keep quiet because if they rock the boat they are asked to leave... and for a lot of people they don't want to leave because they appreciate knowing what sucks about SA versus having to worry about what might be bad at a future company.

Cons-No strategy or vision -- very short-sighted on sales for a particular weekend because Comps are King not Brand. A "campaign" ends up being a 20% off coupon.
-Many people have been there for AGES so they have become complacent and just let stuff happen around them even if they don't think it's right or best for the company.
-Strategy is just "did last time this not suck?"... good, let's repeat it.
-The office is in a boring & isolated part of town.

Advice to Senior Management-Bring back leadership who have a real focus on making the company better.
-Don't just pretend like you read the engagement survey -- actually understand why people are leaving and what they need to be more satisfied.

It's a job at least.

Visual/Merchandising Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good discount (cost +15%), Flexible scheduling, Willing to give most… Cons: Sports Authority is consistently inconsistent. The important metric that we are tracking never seems to be the same from week to week. Communication to outlying… Advice to Senior Management: Your ability to communicate is essential and it seems like often, you forget how to at all levels of management. You need to get a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Different Districts, Same issues

Hardlines Visual Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I've worked at 6 different Sports Authorities throughout the state of Florida, from Fort Myers to Sarasota to Orlando. Much of my experiences are tied… Cons: I could write a book about the cons. Often times, the Regional Supervisors have no concept of what goes on in our stores on a… Advice to Senior Management: Just because you inherited someone doesn't mean you have to continue to put up with their shoddy work ethic. Take time to train associates properly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sports Authority CEO Michael E. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees.