Good retail company to work for

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate  in  Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Englewood, CO

I worked at Sports Authority full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company- systems and training in place, strong communication between corporate and retail
Fun team- made going in to work a pleasant experience
Schedule- I was able to manage working full time and ski 5 days a week

Cons

Retail pay
Changes in store management- high turnover

Motivate your employees- do more outside of work as a team. offer more serious incentives for selling ECPs.

Other Reviews for Sports Authority

Great 2nd job..low stress, lots of fun.

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Manager, easy workload, relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule, employee discount.
    I really enjoyed working here, if I hadn't been moving from the area I'd still be there.

Cons

pay & I can say I wouldn't want to work there as part of the management team...for the pay they receive it isn't worth the pressure placed on them.

Stop buying last seasons stuff in bulk at a discount to stock the store next year and give your associates updated merchandise to sell...If you do that you will blow the competition (who's name glassdoor won't allow me to type.) out of the water! (Oh and for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the Soybu merchandise that is horrific and usually results in snickers and giggles rather than sales.)

All they care about is numbers.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority  in  Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about Sports Authority is the amazing discount at the store, and the abaility to use the website 3point5.com. If you are good a sales you can get a quick promotion.

Cons

The company only cares about SCALES, and SA promoter. These systems are very flawed. A lot of managers cheat at scales, and SA promoter is flawed because a customer isn't going to get an acurate shopping experience. They will more talk about items that aren't stocked at the store, or the fact that the store sold out of something. They will complain about store that the store can't control. Your store could be great at customer service, but have a horrible SA promoter score. Upper Managerment doesn't care about the employees only about SCALES.

Care about your employees, stop threating to fire your workers for missing ECPs.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!