There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Asset Protection Dept promises a lot but do not come through with promises.

Current Employee - Asset Protection Area Agent in Calumet City, IL
Current Employee - Asset Protection Area Agent in Calumet City, IL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The discount, benefits are great

Cons

Upper management is inconsisant and there is no training

reviews filtered by

All they care about is numbers.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best part about Sports Authority is the amazing discount at the store, and the abaility to use the website 3point5.com. If you are good a sales you can get a quick promotion.

Cons

The company only cares about SCALES, and SA promoter. These systems are very flawed. A lot of managers cheat at scales, and SA promoter is flawed because a customer isn't going to get an acurate shopping experience. They will more talk about items that aren't stocked at the store, or the fact that the store sold out of something. They will complain about store that the store can't control. Your store could be great at customer service, but have a horrible SA promoter score. Upper Managerment doesn't care about the employees only about SCALES.

Care about your employees, stop threating to fire your workers for missing ECPs.

2. Great 2nd job..low stress, lots of fun.

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Manager, easy workload, relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule, employee discount.
    I really enjoyed working here, if I hadn't been moving from the area I'd still be there.

Cons

pay & I can say I wouldn't want to work there as part of the management team...for the pay they receive it isn't worth the pressure placed on them.

Stop buying last seasons stuff in bulk at a discount to stock the store next year and give your associates updated merchandise to sell...If you do that you will blow the competition (who's name glassdoor won't allow me to type.) out of the water! (Oh and for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the Soybu merchandise that is horrific and usually results in snickers and giggles rather than sales.)

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority